Dear TCDS Families,
After extensive research and discussion among staff members, parents, and School Board members, we have finalized our reopening policies during this pandemic. They are attached and encompass required guidelines given to us by the MSDE Office of Childcare. These requirements are informed by the Maryland Department of Health and the CDC and are non-negotiable for us to reopen. Please note that these policies are subject to change at any time based on current data; all changes in policy will be communicated to all families immediately. A printed copy of this document will be distributed to all families during our scheduled paperwork drop-off days on August 17 and 18.
We have received questions throughout the summer, most of which can be answered with this document. A few highlights include:
- At this time, we will reopen on September 8 as scheduled. An updated calendar will be sent home with all paperwork at the end of the month.
- Our reopening schedule is based on the Maryland Phases of Reopening, as announced by Governor Hogan. We will not follow Baltimore County Public Schools for guidance on reopening at this time. However, we will continue to follow BCPS for guidance on inclement weather closings.
- Sneak-a-Peek and Back to School Night meetings will take place virtually. More information will be sent out about that soon. A virtual “Town Hall” will be scheduled sometime next week that will give families an opportunity to hear from me and ask questions.
- Extended Day services will be limited to students in the 3s and 4s classes at this time. All students staying for Extended Day must be contracted; flexible Extended Day is suspended until further notice. These services will begin in October. Because of an increase in staff needed, we must increase the rate of Extended Day to $10 an hour.
- Enrichment Parents: Enrichment will be delayed. This class will begin in November. Please send your August 1 payment to reflect the cost of the morning class ONLY. If you have already sent in the full payment, don’t worry. We will figure it out so that you are not paying for services not received. If you need your child to be in school until 3 pm on Enrichment Days during the month of October, we can arrange for them to stay in Extended Day. Please contact the office, as we will need to know this information as soon as possible.
- Two and You Parents: This class will be delayed until at least January. You do not owe further payments until February (if the class is able to open).
- If we are forced to close for more than 2 days, virtual learning will be provided to all families during the duration of the closure.
- We are working to ensure our building is as safe as possible. We are in talks with our cleaning crew and HVAC company to ensure that school surfaces are disinfected properly and the air is as safe as possible.
- We realize that the staff and some students wearing masks isn’t ideal; however, it is necessary to keep our community safe. We will be sending home resources for your use at home to help normalize mask wearing and even make it seem “fun”. Stay tuned for these resources in the second part of August!
If you are unsure about sending your child to school in September, please contact me for some options. All final enrollment decisions must be made by August 1. Also, if you have feedback or ideas for me, I am always open to hearing those thoughts. I want all families and staff to feel comfortable knowing that I am doing the most I can to keep our school family safe, healthy, and happy. We can do this together as a #TCDSfamily!
ChrissyCOVID-19 FINAL Policy