We believe children are spiritual, social, emotional, intellectual, and physical beings who should be respected and valued as unique individuals. Each child must be allowed to develop at an individual pace that is comfortable. Children learn through play, interacting with and exploring their environment. The teacher is a facilitator; providing materials, experiences, and loving support.
Our Mission Statement
The Mission of Trinity Church Day School is to encourage growth through learning experiences in a Christian atmosphere of love, support, and respect. To plant the seeds of faith which we hope will grow and spread in our children, as they continue their journey and are called to serve God and to love and care for each other.
In support of this statement, we set the following goals:
- To provide a warm and friendly atmosphere where our children can develop a sense of self worth and confidence.
- To support Christian values through teachings and attending weekly chapel services
- To implement an educational program that instills love, caring, and respect for each other.
- To provide a climate of open communications where information is freely given and received.
- To commit to Christian stewardship by teaching each child the importance of sharing with and helping each other.
The Staff of Trinity Church Day School support the following educational goals:
- Provide a curriculum suited to the spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and intellectual level of each child.
- Provide experiences which inspire and direct each child to know and come to understand the wonder and awe of the world in which we live.
- Create a classroom atmosphere where each child is accepted as an individual and feels a sense of belonging and a feeling of being loved.
- Create a classroom atmosphere where each child can respond to opportunities for new experiences and responsibilities.
- Provide each child experiences and relationships with adults other than his or her parents.
- Aid each child to grow toward a maximum potential of self-esteem and a positive self-image.
- Help each child to experience the joy of living and to take pride in achievements.
- Help each child to express perceptions and to defend his or her ideas.